Thursday, October 17, 2013

19. My Toilet... redux


Did I say already I love my toilet? I designed it around the "open" concept - it is made of grass thatched shingles. There is no door and only the toilet bowl is protected from rain. This openness I just love! First, the openness assuages my lingering fear of being indoors, a fear I picked up after watching Jerry Lewis in the "Nutty Professor." I keep promising to tell this story, right? Well, maybe another day I'll tell it. The other reason for loving the open concept is it doesn't attract things like snakes or geckos to come and live in it. Apart for some ants, nothing really goes in there, so no worries about creatures and pests bugging you.

I have a water hose that initially comes from the pond which I can use for a shower. It's cold water, but by midday it gets pretty hot, so it's I can have a great hot shower in the late afternoon before dinner.

The toilet is the Asian squat style. The truth be told: I sit on it like a regular toilet bowl! It's elevated so it's at the right height to sit on. Comfortable. There is no toilet paper. No need with the water hose and much more sanitary to boot.

So,  I just love my toilet!

It's hard to imagine what it's like, so I posted a short video of walking to my toilet and looking around inside so you tell get a better feel for what I am talking about.






I love my toilet!


No comments:

Post a Comment